Monday 27 March 2023

Absence



It's not the absence of you that brings me pain,
But the regret of missed opportunities that remain.
If only I had known the depth of this sorrow,
I would have cherished our time together more tomorrow.

I would have called you a little more often,
And come back home, my presence not forgotten.
We would have cooked together, day by day,
Your recipes forever in my mind they'd stay.

I would have asked you countless questions, no end,
Listening to your stories, a conversation to extend.
We would have taken long drives in the night,
Holding hands, finding solace in the starlight.

I would have been there, watching your favorite shows,
Sharing laughter and tears, as our love grows.
I would have listened again to your tales of Nabi,
Finding joy in your words, the memories set free.

And I would have kissed your cheeks more than once,
Expressing my love, a tender and loving response.
I wish I could do it all, no matter how small,
To bring comfort to my heart, to answer love's call.

I miss you deeply, with every beat of my heart,
May Allah grant you a place in Jannah, never to part.
I pray for your soul, dear Abah, with all my might,
Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin, may your journey be bright.

In your absence, I strive to honor your name,
To live with love and kindness, your legacy to claim.
Forever in my thoughts, forever in my soul,
I carry your love with me, making me whole.